BENEO-Institute - experience in food legislation worldwide
The food and drink industry is continuously seeing a number of regulatory changes.
Ongoing communication with authorities, opinion leaders and industry associations allows us to closely monitor and comment on the regulatory framework on national and international level.
Issues of our work and attention are e.g.
- the 'Codex Alimentarius' dietary fibre definition and its implementation
- the European Health Claim Regulation
- continuous leadership in regulatory approval of the BENEO-Group's ingredients
BENEO position papers regarding EFSA’s health claim evaluation for inulin and oligofructose (5th batch of Art 13.1 claims, published 30th June 2011)
- The prebiotic claim in the context of the European Nutrition and Health Claim Regulation (NHCR)
- Inulin and oligofructose regarding enhanced calcium absorption in the context of the European Nutrition and Health Claim Regulation (NHCR)
- Inulin and oligofructose for bowel function in the context of the European Nutrition and Health Claim Regulation (NHCR)
- Food Ingredients:
- Animal Nutrition: